Daze Of Service
In addition to the inclusion of live shows, this year’s Daze Between featured a new charitable component, Daze of Service, where fans nationwide are encouraged to give a few hours of their time to contribute back to their home communities.
Service opportunities supported groups doing excellent work including Food Runners, Soles4Souls, Creative Chicago Reuse Exchange, Share Food Program, Open Hand, Cradles to Crayons, Food for Lane County, Gather New Haven, Downtown Evening Soup Kitchen, and more.
For those not near a volunteer site or unable to participate, there were remote opportunities available to anyone, anywhere with organizations that include Kids In Need Foundation, Music & Memory and WhyHunger.
Daze of Service gave fans the opportunity to connect with one another after more than a year without the concerts that serve as community gatherings for DeadHeads.
This year was a huge success, and we can’t wait to do it again!
- 82 Volunteers = 190.5 hours of work
- 6,645 meals provided
- 2,215 boxes of food packed
- 1,400 pounds of food served
- 500 children impacted
- 300 backpacks filled with school supplies
- 100+ of pounds of beets harvested and prepped
- 100 neighborhood residents received pantry items
- 6 bags of garbage rescued from New Haven harbor
- 3 rows of arugula, kale and Asian greens planted
- 1 new compost area cleared